Public communications play a key role in implementing the principles of transparency and openness of Lenenergo, enhance its reputation and growth of image capital in the structure of market value and increase of the Company’s investment appeal. The communication policy is built on the principles of openness, availability, timeliness, and accuracy of the information.
The Department of public relations carries out work on such main directions, as PR, interaction with mass media, congress and exhibition activities and international cooperation.
The Department faces the tasks of forming and maintaining positive image and business reputation of the Company in the public space and mass media, reputation risks management, and information support of the Company’s activity.
In 2014, the Company implemented seven target communication programs:
- «Management of reliability — stable power supply system»
- «Technological connection to networks. Reboot»
- «Power construction — new energy of regions»
- «Transparent company — investments into the future»
- «Intellectual technologies — effective business processes»
- «Lenenergo— traditions of leadership»
- «Social responsibility — rules of modern business»
informational materials were published in mass media
events and press-releases were prepared in 2014
- In order to build positive reputation and the image of a transparent company, as well as to increase the audience’s informational influence Lenenergo interacts with leading federal, branch and regional mass media. The main principles of Lenenergo work with the media are accessibility and transparency.
The meeting of the Council of consumers of Lenenergo. 12 November 2014
- In 2014, 4,498 informational materials were published in mass media, of which 2,294 (51%) were positive and 2,204 (49%) were neutral. The positive information background round the Company was created thanks to the coverage of its production and social activities. In 2014, 275 event and thematic press-releases were prepared, including on such pressing issues as implementation of the programs of energy saving and increase of power efficiency, optimization of networks process control, programs to improve the reliability of power supply, re-engineering the business processes of the system of technological connection to networks, working with key customer groups (and representatives of small and medium business), implementation of the programs of repair and renovation of equipment, cooperation with Russian research institutes, companies and public organizations, material facts and corporate events.
- The Company created a corporate account on Instagram to expanse its information influence. To promote the project of Lenenergo “8-800” on technological connection without visits to other customer centers thexsection “Connecting to networks without leaving home” was introduced on the corporate website.
The corporate website was developed in the section «Connecting to networks without leaving home»
- In 2014, the Council of consumers of services continued to work in Lenenergo, which includes, in particular, representatives of public associations and associations of the business community. Among the functions of the Council is to develop proposals for improving the activity in the field of technological connection.
- Ongoing business contacts are established and maintained with the press centers of public authorities of St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region, information support of working meetings of the Company management with heads of subjects of the Russian Federation in the area of responsibility of the Company is carried out. In 2014, the opening of a number of large facilities of Lenenergo with the participation of top officials of St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region was organized. In May, the Governor of the Leningrad Region Alexander Drozdenko opened substation 110/35/10 kV #365 Luppolovo in the Vsevolozhsk district after an extensive reconstruction, and in December 2013 he participated in the opening of the training polygon of Lenenergo in the Gatchina district.
In July, Lenenergo put into operation substation 110/10/6 kV #514 Krasnoselskiy Paper Combine in St. Petersburg. The ceremony was attended by acting Governor of St. Petersburg Georgy Poltavchenko. In addition, the acting head of the region and the Director General of Rosseti Oleg Budargin in September launched individual testing of equipment of the innovative complete transformer substations of modular type 35/6/0.4 kV #830 Monetnaya in the Petrograd district of St. Petersburg.
In December 2014, a solemn opening of charging stations for electric vehicles in St. Petersburg took place with the participation of the Governor of St. Petersburg Georgy Poltavchenko.
International competitions of professional skills of the employees of the electric power industry
- In September 2014, International competitions of the crews for repair and maintenance of distribution networks 0.4–10 kV of the CIS national power systems were held at the training site of Lenenergo in Tervolovo.
- In 2014, Lenenergo participated in the important strategic profile and image exhibitions and forums, such as St. Petersburg International Economic Forum, Russian International Energy Forum, National Forum on Technical Connections and International Electricity Forum RuGrids Electro. The International Exhibition-Forum “Modern trends in the distribution grid complex” was organized for the first time in 2014, and was held at the training site of Lenenergo.
Launch of charging stations for electromobiles. 11 December 2014.
- In 2014, Lenenergo implemented the PR-program for prevention of injuries to third-parties at electric grid facilities of Lenenergo. More than 380 lessons were conducted in schools and summer camps in St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region. Over 5,700 schoolchildren attended the classes. Nine trips to Lenenergo substations were held for secondary school students. The website “Safe electricity” (www.portal-lenenergo.ru) continues to operate under the Program.
- Moreover, printed materials, cartoons and audio clips were developed and spread in the educational institutions of St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region to enhance the knowledge of electrical safety among children and adults. In addition, the Company organizes translation of the social videos on city screens telling about the rules of safe behavior ofchildren near power facilities.
- Each month PR Department of Lenenergo issues the corporate edition “Power Engineer of Petersburg” (16 pages) and a regional tab to the newspaper “Russian grids” (8 pages). It is a powerful communication tool to create a single information field within the Company both with a remote branch network and external media space.